Jezebel Tuesday

Lifestyle, travel + beauty

Thursday 29 January 2015

Rimmel Rimmel Rimmel

Hello all!

I've been paid, finally. 
After a long month of having no money what so ever after Christmas and birthdays, I've finally been paid!

I ran out of foundation a week ago and have been scraping the bottom of the bottle for the past few days to make it last and I've just been out to buy some more and as many of you have probably experienced, when you go into Superdrug (or any cosmetic shop) to buy one thing you need, you end up leaving with a load of other things you don't exactly need but just have to buy because you can't leave without them! And then spend a bit more than intended.
Well that happened to me! Went in for 1 thing and I left with 4 things (which I thought was a success and was very pleased that I didn't get too carried away!)

I bought -

001// Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr liquid foundation in Ivory 100 - £7.99 each or 2 for £10.

I love Rimmel, I have been wearing it ever since I was about 17 and my mum has always used Rimmel too.
This foundation is great because it's long lasting, I have really oily skin so I find that when I use some  other foundations, within a couple of hours its already wearing away and I'm all shiny and oily (I hate it) So this is great if you want something long lasting, that isn't too heavy or cakey on the skin.

002// Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr liquid in 010 Porcelain

Same as the previous foundation but a lighter shade, I have really pale skin so I like to match it, but I sometimes like a slight hint of colour (if I've been tanning) so I either mix the 2 together or just wear the darker foundation alone :)
I just had to buy two because they were on offer! (2 for £10 in Superdrug, go go go!)



003// Gosh brow kit- Kit Sourcils £8.49

This brow kit I find really easy to use. Comes with 3 different shades: light, medium and dark.
I use the medium and dark powders, I'm a mousy blonde so I find mixing the two a perfect match, but this is all personal preference :)

Light, perfect for blondes
Medium, perfect for mousey blondes
Dark, perfect for brunettes

It also comes with a little angled brush which is perfect for applying it, and a wax to set the brows (which I don't always use but it's great for a night out to keep them set and shaped all night)




004// Vaseline in Queen Bee - Limited Edition £3.99

I love Vaseline, I have 2 other tins (somewhere) but I have completely lost them, so I bought this one to use for the time being. It smells so lovely and sweet.
Think it may be my new favourite Vaseline.
And these tins last a very very long time, I've never ever actually ran out of the Vaseline itself and I use them on a daily basis, under lipstick or just on their own.
I always end up losing them though!



Thanks for reading!

x





Follow
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Do you recommend the Rimmel Foundation for an all-day wear foundation? I too find it hard to find a foundation that stays all day, especially since I need my makeup to last from 7am-11pm

    -Kate
    http://katekoutures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work 8hr shifts and I always wear this foundation. I do put Rimmel Stay Matte powder over the top to set it and then on my break I reapply the powder just to get rid of any shine that may have appeared but yes this foundation is great for long days at work! So yes I do recommend it!
      Another great foundation is Estee Lauder double wear foundation, that lasts as well but it's a bit thicker so sometimes it's a bit much for work, the Rimmel foundation is lighter :)

      x

      jezebeltuesday.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Awesome articles! It feels so bad to have no money! Haha. Much love, Sjoukje
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does :(

      I've bought some more goodies today (woops), will post about them asap!

      Thanks for reading Sjoukje!

      x

      Delete
  3. Haha tell me about it, this month has been SO long!! I have been struggling the past few days. Looks like some fab goodies, I haven't tried that foundation, will keep my eye out for it! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longest month ever! At least February is short :)
      You should try it! Or just Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, both good!

      x

      Delete
  4. Nice post! I also love vaseline, have you tried the cocoa butter lip therapy? My absolute favorite. I'd also like to invite you to check out my new fashion blog,

    http://kelliemiyoko.blogspot.com

    x Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't! Will have to try and find it! :) thanks for recommending it!
      I'll check out your blog :)

      x

      Delete
  5. Great review, i will have to give these a try :)

    http://umaybebeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina!
      Hopefully you'll like them as much as me :)

      x

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of Gosh products before. I will have to see if I can find them online somewhere. Great review!
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think they're only in Superdrug, well that's the only shop I've seen Gosh products. but definitely give this kit a go, it's super easy to use! :)
      Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  7. i've never tried any of this but i like rimmel so i'd be interested in the foundation :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should :) hope you like it as much as me

      xx

      Delete
  8. I usually like rimmel foundation but i find their shade range isn't always the best. I'l definitely be looking into the foundation regardless.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, thats why depending on if I'm tanned or not i end up mixing the 2 together to get the right shade :)
      Hope you like the foundation!
      Thanks for the comment

      x

      Delete
  9. The struggle of not having money is real! I love Rimmel makeup, cheap but pretty good quality.


    http://smileybeautygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( hate not having money!
      Yeah it's great for the price!
      Thanks for reading my post :)

      x

      Delete

© Jezebel Tuesday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig